Anti-Semitism on the net is “like a tsunami wave,” Knesset chairman MK Yoel Razbozov said during a hearing on online hate speech.
Razbozov called for countries to enact legislation restricting online hate, and warned that if Jews will not act to combat the spread of anti-Semitism online, they will eventually “find themselves in mortal danger.”
Representatives of the Foreign Ministry, the Ministry of Jerusalem and Diaspora Affairs, the Israeli Internet Association and the Anti-Defamation League, among other bodies, testified regarding the dangers of online hate and discussed methods of combating disinformation about Jews and Israel.
The Anti-Defamation League testified regarding its ongoing relationship with Internet hosting company GoDaddy to take down anti-Semitic websites, citing some 30 sites it said were taken down by the American company.
Facebook has also been working with the ADL, its representative said.
“Facebook is coming around, they just need time,” Ronald Eissens of the International Network Against Cyberhate added.
The World Zionist Organization established a communications center for combating hate online and is beginning two pilot courses for training Israelis to engage in this struggle, WZO Department for Countering Anti-Semitism chief Yaakov Hagoel told lawmakers.
“I don’t see us winning the battle but at least we are putting up a fight,” he said.
While combating disinformation with facts and taking anti-Semitism offline were both tactics discussed during the meeting, only the former will have any substantial impact, committee member MK Dov Lipman told The Jerusalem Post.
- Census: White People Quickly Dying Off in the USA
- Greek Foreign Minister: If Syriza Fails, Golden Dawn is Coming
- Confederate Flag: KKK Chapter to Hold Rally on South Carolina Statehouse Grounds
- Obama Wants KKK to be Forced to Name its Members and Supporters
- Black Man Openly Fantasizes About Slaughtering White Girls During Race War (VIDEO)
- Census Bureau: Minority is the Majority in America under Age 5
- Israeli Diplomat in Berlin: Maintaining German Guilt about Holocaust Helps Israel
- U.S. Census Bureau Openly Celebrating the White Genocide
- National Socialist Education Had a Lasting Effect
- Stone Cold Steve Austin Confronts Paul Hayman on Jewish Privilege
- Dr. Joseph Goebbels’ 'Total War' Speech (VIDEO)
- Diversity Free Iceland Ranked Most Peaceful Nation on Earth
- Viking Honey Mead Could Curb Antibiotic Resistance