Anti-Semitism on the net is “like a tsunami wave,” Knesset chairman MK Yoel Razbozov said during a hearing on online hate speech.
Razbozov called for countries to enact legislation restricting online hate, and warned that if Jews will not act to combat the spread of anti-Semitism online, they will eventually “find themselves in mortal danger.”
Representatives of the Foreign Ministry, the Ministry of Jerusalem and Diaspora Affairs, the Israeli Internet Association and the Anti-Defamation League, among other bodies, testified regarding the dangers of online hate and discussed methods of combating disinformation about Jews and Israel.
The Anti-Defamation League testified regarding its ongoing relationship with Internet hosting company GoDaddy to take down anti-Semitic websites, citing some 30 sites it said were taken down by the American company.
Facebook has also been working with the ADL, its representative said.
“Facebook is coming around, they just need time,” Ronald Eissens of the International Network Against Cyberhate added.
The World Zionist Organization established a communications center for combating hate online and is beginning two pilot courses for training Israelis to engage in this struggle, WZO Department for Countering Anti-Semitism chief Yaakov Hagoel told lawmakers.
“I don’t see us winning the battle but at least we are putting up a fight,” he said.
While combating disinformation with facts and taking anti-Semitism offline were both tactics discussed during the meeting, only the former will have any substantial impact, committee member MK Dov Lipman told The Jerusalem Post.
- Huge Rise in Patriotic Germans Attacking Homes Provided to Non-White Invaders
- Wehrmacht Halftrack Pulled Out of a River – Incredible Condition
- No Whites Allowed: Seattle ‘Yoga Class for People of Color’ Excludes Caucasians
- "No Borders" Activist Gang Raped by African Migrants, Pressured into Silence to Not "Damage Cause"
- Hungarian Army Video of the Brave Soldiers Defending Europa against Non-White Invasion
- Germans Could Lose Jobs and Children for Posting Anti-Mass Immigration Views on Facebook
- “Neo-Nazi” Oregon Shooter Before & After Jew Media “Fixed” his Photo
- Dresden: Huge Rally Against Foreign Invasion
- France: Swastika Banner Displayed for Film Causes 6 Million Tears
- The White Population is Growing in Many U.S. Cities for the First Time in Years
- Attacks on Immigrant Shelters in Germany More than Doubled, Police Say
- German Domestic Intelligence: Nationalists Organizing against Foreign Invasion
- Anti-Immigrant Protesters Chant "Fuck Merkel" and "Europa Erwache" at German Embassy in Paris