Anti-Semitism on the net is “like a tsunami wave,” Knesset chairman MK Yoel Razbozov said during a hearing on online hate speech.
Razbozov called for countries to enact legislation restricting online hate, and warned that if Jews will not act to combat the spread of anti-Semitism online, they will eventually “find themselves in mortal danger.”
Representatives of the Foreign Ministry, the Ministry of Jerusalem and Diaspora Affairs, the Israeli Internet Association and the Anti-Defamation League, among other bodies, testified regarding the dangers of online hate and discussed methods of combating disinformation about Jews and Israel.
The Anti-Defamation League testified regarding its ongoing relationship with Internet hosting company GoDaddy to take down anti-Semitic websites, citing some 30 sites it said were taken down by the American company.
Facebook has also been working with the ADL, its representative said.
“Facebook is coming around, they just need time,” Ronald Eissens of the International Network Against Cyberhate added.
The World Zionist Organization established a communications center for combating hate online and is beginning two pilot courses for training Israelis to engage in this struggle, WZO Department for Countering Anti-Semitism chief Yaakov Hagoel told lawmakers.
“I don’t see us winning the battle but at least we are putting up a fight,” he said.
While combating disinformation with facts and taking anti-Semitism offline were both tactics discussed during the meeting, only the former will have any substantial impact, committee member MK Dov Lipman told The Jerusalem Post.
- Race Riots Coming to Toledo: National Socialists Plan Return for Demonstration after a Decade
- VIDEO: Nationalists Confront Antifa Protesters at Arizona State University
- Italians are Resisting Mass Non-White Immigration
- "Jews using Holocaust to Suck the Blood of Germans," Egypt TV Host Says (VIDEO)
- UK: "This Flat is for Blacks Only": Shocking Racist Campaign to Force White Mum Out of Home
- Norway Deports Record Number of Muslim Immigrants
- Italian Anti-Immigration Rally Draws Thousands of Nationalists in Rome
- Anti-Semitism Spreading Across Europe, Says Study
- The Witch Hunt Continues: Ex-SS Medic, 94, Charged with Mass Murder against Jews
- Jews Demands United Nations Condemn Iran’s Holocaust Cartoon Contest
- Anti-Semitic Chinese Shirts Seized by the Cops in Italy
- Schizophrenic Swastika Posters on California House Enrage Jewish Neighbors
- Free Speech Is Not for Everyone: Sylvia Stolz has been Jailed Again for Questioning the Holocaust
- Madonna says "Intolerance" in Europe "feels like Nazi Germany"
- Suicide Quest Continues: Swedish Corporate Boards Attacked for Being Too White
- Art World Shakeup: Painting by Adolf Hitler Sells for Three Times a Picasso
- Austria Passes Law on Islam, Banning Foreign Funding
- The Conquer of Italy: Nearly a Million Schoolchildren are Immigrants
- Race War in South Africa: White Students Attacked with Rocks and Bricks at Western Cape University
- ISIS Openly States Plan to Use Immigration to Conquer Europe
- Sweden’s "Multicultural Center" Expert on Islamophobia Joins ISIS
- Poll: France's National Front Seen Leading Local Elections
- Murdered White South African Farmer Couple Tortured for Hours by Racist Blacks, Court Hears
- Adolf Hitler’s ‘Mein Kampf’ will be published in Germany for the first time since World War II
- Meet the American Nazi - Harry Hughes & the American National Socialist Movement (VIDEO)