Anti-Semitism on the net is “like a tsunami wave,” Knesset chairman MK Yoel Razbozov said during a hearing on online hate speech.
Razbozov called for countries to enact legislation restricting online hate, and warned that if Jews will not act to combat the spread of anti-Semitism online, they will eventually “find themselves in mortal danger.”
Representatives of the Foreign Ministry, the Ministry of Jerusalem and Diaspora Affairs, the Israeli Internet Association and the Anti-Defamation League, among other bodies, testified regarding the dangers of online hate and discussed methods of combating disinformation about Jews and Israel.
The Anti-Defamation League testified regarding its ongoing relationship with Internet hosting company GoDaddy to take down anti-Semitic websites, citing some 30 sites it said were taken down by the American company.
Facebook has also been working with the ADL, its representative said.
“Facebook is coming around, they just need time,” Ronald Eissens of the International Network Against Cyberhate added.
The World Zionist Organization established a communications center for combating hate online and is beginning two pilot courses for training Israelis to engage in this struggle, WZO Department for Countering Anti-Semitism chief Yaakov Hagoel told lawmakers.
“I don’t see us winning the battle but at least we are putting up a fight,” he said.
While combating disinformation with facts and taking anti-Semitism offline were both tactics discussed during the meeting, only the former will have any substantial impact, committee member MK Dov Lipman told The Jerusalem Post.
- Poland: A Young Woman’s Adventures with a Hardcore Nationalist Organization (VIDEO)
- The Extermination of the White Race: The Real Facts about Britain and Non-White Immigration
- Golden Dawn Takes Third Place in Greece Elections
- Hitler's Mein Kampf Tops Bestselling Ebooks Charts, UK Politician Wants to Ban it in Britain Too
- Thousands in Dresden Anti-Islamization March Despite Leader’s "Hitler-Photo Fallout"
- Pet Owner is forced to Change his Dogs' Name because they "Make People think of Adolf and Eva Braun"
- PEGIDA Movement Continues to Grow, 15000 March against Islam in Leipzig
- Mass of Anti-Fascists Rampages in Leipzig
- Italian Fascists Convicted in Rome for "Massive Hate Campaign" against Jews
- PEGIDA Leader Lutz Bachmann under Police Investigation after ‘Hitler selfie’ Appears Online
- Zimbabwe Set to Give White Farmers 90 Days to Vacate their Farms
- UK: "Islam must die" and Swastika Sprayed on Walls of University of Birmingham and Mosque
- Nationalists Demand Freedom for Gary Yarbrough Outside the American Embassy in London (VIDEO)
- Pittsburgh: Ku Klux Klan Flyers Calls Martin Luther King a Communist Pervert (VIDEO)
- Adolf Hitler Postcard Found in WWI Project
- Rabbi Predicts Jewish Exodus From France
- Alabama "White Genocide" Billboard Removed due to Death Threats from Militant Anti-Whites
- World’s Biggest Ship, Named after Waffen-SS Officer, Stirs Jewish Protest in the Netherlands
- PEGIDA: 25,000 Protest in Dresden, Movement is Spreading Across Europe
- Sweden: Arab Immigrant Beats Indigenous Boy because of his Blue Eyes
- Adolf Hitler's Bunker to be Rebuilt in Germany
- VIDEO: Skorzeny’s SS Commando Liberates Mussolini
- Merkel Says Islam "Belongs to Germany"
- When Hitler’s Favorite Waffen-SS Commando Leader Became an Irish Farmer
- Black Vietnam Veteran: A Klansman Saved Me