Anti-Semitism on the net is “like a tsunami wave,” Knesset chairman MK Yoel Razbozov said during a hearing on online hate speech.
Razbozov called for countries to enact legislation restricting online hate, and warned that if Jews will not act to combat the spread of anti-Semitism online, they will eventually “find themselves in mortal danger.”
Representatives of the Foreign Ministry, the Ministry of Jerusalem and Diaspora Affairs, the Israeli Internet Association and the Anti-Defamation League, among other bodies, testified regarding the dangers of online hate and discussed methods of combating disinformation about Jews and Israel.
The Anti-Defamation League testified regarding its ongoing relationship with Internet hosting company GoDaddy to take down anti-Semitic websites, citing some 30 sites it said were taken down by the American company.
Facebook has also been working with the ADL, its representative said.
“Facebook is coming around, they just need time,” Ronald Eissens of the International Network Against Cyberhate added.
The World Zionist Organization established a communications center for combating hate online and is beginning two pilot courses for training Israelis to engage in this struggle, WZO Department for Countering Anti-Semitism chief Yaakov Hagoel told lawmakers.
“I don’t see us winning the battle but at least we are putting up a fight,” he said.
While combating disinformation with facts and taking anti-Semitism offline were both tactics discussed during the meeting, only the former will have any substantial impact, committee member MK Dov Lipman told The Jerusalem Post.
- He Told The World: The Immortal Words of Adolf Hitler (VIDEO)
- Israeli Tourists Shocked by Misting Showers in Auschwitz
- Czechs Magazine Apologizes Over Poll Showing People Would Vote for Adolf Hitler
- Black Activists Call for Lynching and Hanging of White People and Cops
- Jewish Supremacist Hate Group Falsely Claims that the Celtic Cross is a Hate Symbol
- Nazi “Ghost Train” Loaded with Gold May Have Been Found in Poland
- Patriotic Germans Burn Down Shelter Meant for Third World Invaders
- Anti-Whites Upset by Stagnation of Mixed-Race Couples in Canada
- Greek President to Propose Golden Dawn to Form Government
- Natalie Portman Tells Jews to Stop Talking about the Holocaust so Much
- Anti-Immigration Sweden Democrats become Country’s Largest Party
- Lets turn our Hate into Action: Action Report on the Liverpool White Man March
- Poll: 85% of Greeks Believe the Jews Have Too Much Power Over Global Finance