Anti-Semitism on the net is “like a tsunami wave,” Knesset chairman MK Yoel Razbozov said during a hearing on online hate speech.
Razbozov called for countries to enact legislation restricting online hate, and warned that if Jews will not act to combat the spread of anti-Semitism online, they will eventually “find themselves in mortal danger.”
Representatives of the Foreign Ministry, the Ministry of Jerusalem and Diaspora Affairs, the Israeli Internet Association and the Anti-Defamation League, among other bodies, testified regarding the dangers of online hate and discussed methods of combating disinformation about Jews and Israel.
The Anti-Defamation League testified regarding its ongoing relationship with Internet hosting company GoDaddy to take down anti-Semitic websites, citing some 30 sites it said were taken down by the American company.
Facebook has also been working with the ADL, its representative said.
“Facebook is coming around, they just need time,” Ronald Eissens of the International Network Against Cyberhate added.
The World Zionist Organization established a communications center for combating hate online and is beginning two pilot courses for training Israelis to engage in this struggle, WZO Department for Countering Anti-Semitism chief Yaakov Hagoel told lawmakers.
“I don’t see us winning the battle but at least we are putting up a fight,” he said.
While combating disinformation with facts and taking anti-Semitism offline were both tactics discussed during the meeting, only the former will have any substantial impact, committee member MK Dov Lipman told The Jerusalem Post.
- Mandela's Rainbow Nation: South African Blacks Attack Black African Migrants with Axes and Machetes
- Italy is “Close to Collapse” from African Immigration
- NYC High School Commences Full Scale Investigation After Students Wear Swastika Shirts at Party
- ‘We don’t Want an Invasion’: Second Italian State Refuses Ministry Request to House African Migrants
- Iran Holocaust Cartoon Contest Receives Hundreds of Submissions
- Anti-Semitic Attacks Increase by 71% in Holland
- Preparing for Race War: The South African Bootcamps which are Training Thousands of White Youths
- Allied Soldiers Raped almost One Million German Women, Historian Finds
- Holland's Chief Rabbi: Being Called a Dirty Jew is Normal these Days
- Israel's Top Rabbis Move to Forbid Renting Homes to non-Jews, say "Racism Originated in the Torah"
- Zimbabwe President tells South Africa Media: "I don't want to See a White Man"
- 84% of All Wanted Criminals in Copenhagen are Non-White
- 71-Year-Old Austrian Doctor Sentenced for "Holocaust Denial"
- UK: Racist Black Man Punches Pregnant White Girl in Stomach as Onlookers Watch in Horror
- Armed New Black Panthers are Openly Preparing for Race War (VIDEO)
- Hermann Goering’s Uniform on Sale for £85,000 in UK Antique Shop
- Dutch Soccer Fans Boast Nazi Heritage at Game, Chant About Gassing the Jews
- White People in Britain Resisting Propaganda to Racially Miscegenate, Official Figures Show
- Daily Mail Blames “Nazis” For Germanwings Pilot Intentionally Crashing Plane Full Of Passengers
- Anti-Israel Protesters Call ‘Kill the Jews’ in Vienna
- The Ghosts of Hitler's European Fortress: World War Two Bunkers in Holland, France and Belgium
- White Genocide Posters Appear in Newspaper
- Danish SS Volunteer Dies Free Instead of Being Locked Up and Tortured by Nazi Hunters
- Ads Featuring Adolf Hitler with Arab Leader Appearing on Philadelphia Buses
- Israel to Deport Black African Migrants to the Desert